Monday 9 May 2016

The fruit of the Spirit is singular?

Galatians 5:22-26 (KJV) “22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.”

That’s right, there is only one fruit of the Spirit. Wow, it only just hit me that when we show the fruit of the Spirit it has ALL those qualities in it, not just some. Often times I feel like I am working out one or two of these characteristics in my faith but today the Holy Spirit showed me that if I have fruit from the Spirt then it should have all of those characteristics.

This is the same as 1 Corinthians 13 which tells us what some of the Characteristics of true love are.
Again, these are not separate, all these make up love. If we show only a few of them but not all then our fruit is not complete and we have deformed fruit. It would be like going to an Orange tree and finding only half of the orange growing on it or just the peel of the orange. Oranges grow complete with everything on it. In the same way our fruit of the Spirit in our lives must be complete fruit showing all the characteristics of that fruit. Our love, as in 1 Corinthians 13, should also show all the characteristics of that love.

This has made me look at my love for my wife and family in a new way. It has opened the door to love my wife and family even more.




via WordPress http://ift.tt/1ULU3nP

No comments: