Sunday 27 October 2013

Can you sacrifice your greatest gift for God?

Genesis 22:8 “And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together. “


Abraham was a Pagan and knew nothing about God or Jesus. Then he changed somehow. Then God gives him a son at a time when it was impossible. Then God asks him to sacrifice this one miracle gift that God gave to him that he believed God for. What amazing faith Abraham showed in this verse.


The question I asked myself was, could I sacrifice the one true thing that I loved more than anything as Abraham did? I would not do that because we live under a new covenant, but the question is, could I literally, in my heart, sacrifice that one thing with the belief that God would provide for me? Most of us would say yes to this and think in our natural mind about it, but that is not where we need to answer from. We need to sacrifice these things that we put above God in our hearts, not just our heads. If we do this in our hearts, we will then be giving our lives over to God completely, not in parts.


Can you do that?









via WordPress http://emilswanepoel.wordpress.com/2013/10/27/can-you-sacrifice-your-greatest-gift-for-god/

No comments: