Thursday 5 September 2013

@Kindle Paperwhite. With all the tablets, will it succeed?

I believe that there is always an area where a paper based type book is needed. I cannot read my Bible from a screen, but the Amazon Kindle Paperwhite comes so very close. I love this thing and am putting it on the top of my Christmas list.


Amazon have announced a new version which gives some new software features that allow the Paperwhite to become more social interactive and offers some AWESOME training tools for parents and children to teach and track reading skills and increase vocabulary. Suddenly I want to get one for my whole family. I am sure most people love the colours of the Kindle Fire, but I find it very hard to read anything on a screen where I can possibly be doing work or reading my emails. I tend to subconsciously ask myself questions about work and get distracted and the temptation to check those things out is huge. With a Paperwhite, the focus is on reading and developing reading skills. With all the jargon and slang in the world today, I believe that we need some training in this area. Great work Amazon, I love it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/baig/2013/09/03/first-read-on-amazons-new-kindle-paperwhite/2758813/









via WordPress http://emilswanepoel.wordpress.com/2013/09/05/kindle-paperwhite-with-all-the-tablets-will-it-succeed/

No comments: