Wednesday 19 June 2013

ETV complaint…

Sent: 19 June 2013 09:40

To: ‘bccsa@nabsa.co.za’;

Subject: FW: ETV complaint…

Importance: High


Dear BCCSA,


On the evening of 13 June 20130 at 20h30 I flipped channels across to ETV to see what was on and was greeted by a bare breasted woman on the floor having sex with a man. This is totally unacceptable at this hour of the night.


Please can you lay a complaint and respond to this email. I am not sure what the correct process is to do this. ETV have increasingly been putting violent and sexual movies on at family prime times. This weekend (16 June 2013) they will be screening District 9 at 08h00 which may have made history and many awards, but it has a lot of violence, xenophobia, racism and so many other bad teachings it’s hard to keep track, not to mention all the graphic violence. While I understand that the movie may be allowed by the publication boards, my complaint is the time at which this is being show.


ETV have been pushing this boundary more and more every week just about. For a free to air channel, they need to be kept in check. I understand there are boards that handle the type of content, but the times at which they show that content should be monitored and kept to the understanding that if it is peak viewing time that there are families that may be watching TV on Sunday at 08h00 who have little kids watching. Since many of the homes in South Africa are child headed homes, they do not even have parental control on what they can or can’t watch, shouldn’t this be the arena where we can bring some order to that environment?


Please can you place an official complaint against ETV for placing heavily age restricted, sexually explicit and violent material on at a time when children and families are supposed to be watching?


I am looking forward to your response.


My name is Emil Swanepoel


My address is <<address blocked out>>.


My mobile number is 0824976222


My email is emil.swanepoel


PS: Last time you told me that I could not lay a complaint because I did not follow Procedural Rules. I have had great difficulty finding those rules and hope that this email with my physical address and contact details will be enough to lay an actual complaint that can be taken before the complaints board. Thank you.


Yours Sincerely


Emil Swanepoel


(one Godly man making a difference in the world)


Contact me on Mobile: (+27) (82) 497-6222


emil.swanepoel | www.emilswanepoel.com | Skype (emil.swanepoel) | Twitter | Facebook









via WordPress http://emilswanepoel.wordpress.com/2013/06/19/etv-complaint/

No comments: